ONLINE CLASS WORK:
1.MONOLOGUES: Work on the ones you have and try some new ones.
2. SCENE WORK: Scenes online can work. So if you have an idea for a scene, partner up with someone and start working on it. I can help facilitate that process.
3. AUTO DRAMAS: These are great exercises to really look at yourself and turn that insight into a performance. It is a 5 to 10 minute artistic expression capturing “your essence and/or the highlights of your life.” It is done using props, costumes, music, body work, or you can keep it as simple as you like. It should be THEATRICAL. NO readings or speeches. You can use metaphors to express yourself if you chose.
4. PRIVATE MOMENTS: This was one of the favorite exercises at The Actors Studio. It is doing a real activity that you do in private, in front of the class. Something, that if you were doing in private and someone came into the room, you would stop doing it. It could be singing, dancing, trimming your toenails, looking at your body in a mirror, changing your clothes etc. 10 minute max. Only you know what would challenge your fear and vulnerability. A very empowering exercise.
5. CHARACTER INTERVIEWS: A great exercise if you want to get to know your character better.
6. READINGS OF YOUR WRITING OR JOURNAL.
7. MUSIC: Work on an original song or practice your performance skills in front of the class.